Often in China, a lot web pages getting banned from surfing. Here is how to get through it, by VPN.
To set up a VPN server:
- Can follow the blog post over here. http://www.dikant.de/2010/10/08/setting-up-a-vpn-server-on-amazon-ec2/
- To solve the problem Windows can’t surf HTTPS web pages type in
- $sudo iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp –tcp-flags SYN,RST SYN -j TCPMSS –clamp-mss-to-pmtu
- and added iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp –tcp-flags SYN,RST SYN -j TCPMSS –clamp-mss-to-pmtu to /etc/rc.local
- Also can refer to page here to set up the VPN client
edit: For PPTPD to acccess, you need to open the port 1723 TCP.